Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Birdman: What Happened to that Boy?

Chris "Birdman" Andersen got bounced from the league for torching doobies. Unfortunate, because the kid had a knack for blocking shots and humiliating himself in the dunk contest. I watched him play, and honestly, he's pretty good. I always felt he had a huge potential upside if he could ever get it clicking. When he got banned from the league I figured he'd go, kick back, and start blazing away with Shawn Kemp. Turns out he's still in solid shape and will be trying a comeback; come January Andersen will be eligible to petition the league for reinstatement. Surprisingly enough Byron Scott, known for being a hardassed disciplinarian, says he'd take back Birdie in a second. From the Times-Picayune (by way of RealGm):

"If he is cleared by the NBA and everything, I would love to have Birdman back," Scott said. ". . . He was one of my favorites. He's very coachable and played as hard as anybody, and I would love to have him back."

1 comment:

ball hog said...

I like birdman and want him to play, but let's call it what it is. Torching doobies is one thing...he was banned for a substance that is on a short list including cocaine, ecstacy, and LSD. If he was smokin doobies, then as my man Cage says, they were "dipped in embalming fluid, like six-feet under." He got game, but he got "wet".