Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday Business

Artest's teammates weren't the only ones he told of the news. Friday, he told the editors of www.hiphopgame.com, a Web site for which Artest writes a personal diary. Artest was unavailable for comment before the Kings defeated the Phoenix Suns 107-100 Sunday at Arco Arena, and he did not speak after the game, either. Sacramento Bee

Artest told HipHopGame, "I'm retiring from the Kings, to spend time on my blings, done questing for rings, all the ladies sing. Ronnie's heading to Europe, sippin' on syrup, with my feet in the stirrups..." Get it? It's a rap...

The NBA warned Gilbert Arenas on Sunday not to repeat his actions of Tuesday night, when he said he made $10 bets with a group of fans during a game against the Portland Trail Blazers. "We spoke to Gilbert and explained the issue to him," NBA spokesman John Acunto said. "And he assured us he wouldn't do anything like this again." Washington Post

Arenas added, "But I was drafted 2nd round, and I spent the first 40 games of my career riding the bench... Don't I get some sort of special consideration? I'm so under appreciated. I'm going to carry a chip on my shoulder over this, and now every time I play against David Stern and Stu Jackson, I'm gonna guarantee 50 points to make up for this shaming..."


Knicks boss Isiah Thomas has long coveted O'Neal, who has been remarkably loyal to Thomas to this day as the two remain close friends. The Knicks are sliding and will need a boost—O'Neal prefers to play outside now—to complement Eddy Curry. I may be the only one, but I still think Steve Francis has something. Plus, Francis can opt out after next season anyway if things don't work. To match salaries, I'd take Francis, Channing Frye and Hoosier Jared Jeffries, who hasn't worked out that well in New York, to give the Pacers a core to begin working with.

I can see why New York would want JO'Neal, but I can't fathom why the hell Indiana would want Franchise. Unless they've grown so accustomed to malcontents, that having just Tinsley in their locker room is making things too serene.

The Portland Tribune reported that Randolph, while away from the team last week on bereavement leave for the death of his girlfriend's cousin (sounds like quite the family man), hit a strip club while he was home in Indiana and left without paying the bill. The Trail Blazers said he just stopped by.

Yeah, he just stopped by... to get a lap dance instead of playing basketball with his team. Like Artest, some dudes just never learn...

No comments: