Thursday, March 29, 2007

Right Thurrrrsday, Son

At least two NBA coaches believe that Houston is planning to play again. Houston, whose contract expires this summer, retired in October 2005 with chronic knee pain. Until then, he remains the second highest paid player in the league at $20.7 million behind Minnesota's Kevin Garnett ($21 million). New York Daily News

I have 2 questions: 1) Why the hell did New York ever dole out 21 million dollars to a glorified Rip Hamilton? 2) How the hell are they considering buying out Francis, who can actually still play, and not Houston? Is there something I'm missing here? Why is Houston even welcome in the practice facility sucking down 21 million dollars to do nothing. He wasn't even close to worth that when he was active. All that said, I would entertain a veteran's minimum contract for Houston if he wants to drain treys for Cleveland...



More than 10 months after it was introduced, the energy drink named for Bulls guard Ben Gordon, BG7, still isn't in stores, and there is no timetable for its release. ''No marketing plans,'' Gordon said Wednesday when asked for an update. ''It's a tough business, any time you go into the food and drink business. ''I don't pay much attention to it. I let those people handle it. When it comes out, it comes out.'' Chicago Sun-Times


I just know there's an exceptional "Red Bull" joke to be made here, but I just can't think of it. I'm sure Bill Simmons is way ahead of me on this...






Ummmmm... that's a dude. I know it's supposed to be a chick, and "she" is surrounded by other girls wearing uniforms that look like hers. So the automatic assumption is that she is also a girl. You know when you're at a bar and your friend is scoping a really tall muscular chick and his mouth is watering, and just then you spot her Adam's apple, and you say, "Dude, that's a dude." And your friend, goes, "what are you talking about? She's super hot!" and you're like, "Okay John Amaechi, but that's a dude." And he doesn't believe you and he leaves with the guy/girl. And the next time you see him he's all, "I don't want to talk about it!" Has that ever happened to you? Well that's what I feel like watching this video. I get it. It's awesome. A chick who can dunk. Except that's a dude.

Before the game, James took a little shot at Marbury's $14.98 kicks, saying he couldn't imagine endorsing a sneaker that cheap.

"No, I don't think so," James said. "Me being with Nike, we hold our standards high."

Marbury, who is friendly with James, was lacing up his Starburys before the game when informed of LeBron's comment. He thought about it for a moment and said, "I'd rather own than be owned."



And I'd rather own then be Pwned! Holy shit, did Bron drop a not-so-subtle dig on Starbury and have it smashed back in his face? New found respect for Marbury. Guess I'll stop calling him Stephanie.