Thursday, February 22, 2007

Blurst Trade Deadline Ever!

Well, it came and went. The only moves were Anthony Johnson to Atlanta for a 2nd round pick and Juan Dixon to Toronto for Fred Jones. Bestill my frantically beating heart. No Bibby, Kidd or Carter movement. No Magette, Artest or Pau trades. No 'Shard Lewis to the Knicks. No anything. I am thoroughly disappointante. I was looking for a blockbuster. Maybe the off season will bring more excitement. For now, though, it's back to the grind. Only about 30 games left to go until the real season starts. I have a feeling the playoffs this year will be excellent. The top 5 seeds in the West will all be title contenders, and all 8 seeds in the east will be contenders to be the team that gets humiliated in the finals. I wouldn't mind seeing the Cavs, or Raptors, get swept in 4 by San Antone. Speaking of which, I have a scary premonition that San Antonio is not only gonna cut a bloody swathe through the West playoffs, but will dismantle some very good teams in the process. As good as Dallas looks right now, I think last year was a chance they'll never get back. It's gonna be an even more difficult road (if that's possible) for them to get to the big show this year...

No comments: