Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Update: Gilbert Arenas is Indeed a Dick.

And I still don't mean detective. Remember that video of Arenas acting like an assbutt during a 3 pt. challenge against teammate DeShawn Stevenson? I just posted it yesterday. Well peep this from the Washington Post (via HoopsHype):

DeShawn's thoughts about Gilbert at the time: "He kind of cheated me, everybody on the team said it. He was in my face. I think he was kind of scared I was gonna win. But you know, that's Gil. Gil's going to try to find a way to try to win. It was a tough loss....But he knows what he did, and I'm not talking to him right now.") Anyhow, I asked DeShawn this morning whether they were friends again, and he assured me that they were. "That's my boy, man," DeShawn said. "I could never get mad at Gil, man, that's my boy. You know, me and him are very competitive, so we're gonna go back at it." Washington Post / February 5

I tried to interview DeShawn Stevenson and got a couple of things from him despite Gilbert's constant background chatter about how he took $20,000 from DeShawn in that shooting game the other day. Gilbert has now taken to calling DeShawn: "Second" as in he finished second. DeShawn simply calls Gilbert a cheater and pointed out that Gilbert didn't hesitate to hit him with a pass at the end of the first quarter when DeShawn drained a three-pointer. Washington Post

No comments: