Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Swag Brag, Vol. 1

This'll be a new feature at SportSwag, where I take out the time, each week, to brag about how I was right about something. This could be anything from how I said early on that The Prestige would blow The Illusionist off the screen (and make no mistake, The Illusionist was a steaming pile of crap, and The Prestige was, flat out, one of the best movies I've ever seen) to how I once said that Britney Spears would be a washed up meth addict sooner rather than later. Mostly it will be sports stuff. I'm never wrong. I can't speak for the other Swagglers, but the Cap'n always makes it happen. Anyway, our first edition of Swag Brag, is Gay-er than John Amaechi:
Back on January 22, I picked Rudy Gay to be the surprise impact studler of this year's draft class. Remember? I said he was the most intriguing, with the biggest upside, despite his weak play. Furthermore, I said he'd be doing 6 rebounds, a block, steal and trey per game, and over 30 minutes a night by the All Star Break. How'd I do? Check is line over the last 5 games before the break, and the one game since:

Avg. over last 6 Games: 32 minutes, 19 pts, 6 rebs, 2 assists, 1 stl, 1.5 blks, 2.5 treys, 1 TO, 54% FG, 89% FT

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The Cap'n has earned his dinner tonight bitches! Granted the Grizz are still 2-4 in those 6 games, but still... Gay baby, Gay.

No comments: