Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Krappy Kerr

Check Kerr's newest article. I didn't even read it, to be honest, but who needs to read it to know what it is. Steve's monthly statement of the obvious, basically ranking the teams based on who's been best most recently, which basically means the biggest changes from week to week is who he's calling #1, Dallas or Phoenix. But all that's neither here nor there, this is; if I have to suffer through one more of Kerr's high school journalism article titles, I'm gonna flip out. "Dominant Dallas." And on top of that, he starts the article with 3 miles of painful alliteration. Daring. Daunting. Despicable. Dipshit. Peep some of his other recent classics; "Simply Mav-alous," "Baron is the Barometer," "I Love LA," (nice Randy Newman reference), "Deja Vu in Detroit." Look, I did some writing for a newspaper, not the NY Times, but a respectable rag. I wrote the articles and the editor came up with the headlines. So I can dig that maybe, just maybe, he didn't come up with this. But I'm not sure this is the case, because Yahoo Sports doesn't seem to assign moronic titles to anyone else. Maybe it's the editor's way of quietly asserting what I have loudly asserted for years: Steve Kerr's a hack... who could drain 'em from downtown.


PS My title was a joke, get it? Krappy Kerr... huh... me clever...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He can still shoot the J over you and leave you crying like a punk bitch.